Thursday 3 April 2014

Purple Pumpkin April challenge!

Every month at Purple Pumpkin we have a fun sketch challenge and the sketch for this month was designed by me! and so I would love it if you would join us this month and tried my sketch (you don't have to use any PP products, but you could win a few!!)!

Here's what I made, a layout about my husband, daughter and son exploring the Vesuvius in 2012. As the summer holidays started a few weeks sooner for Manon and Tim, my husband decided to treat them to a week Naples, Italy. They had a blast!


I used Imaginisce's "Perfect Vacation" for my layout and some Purple Pumpkin goodies of course. 


The tickets, twine and washi tape are from Purple Pumkin.




Supplies: patterned paper, journaling card and diecuts: Imaginisce "Perfect Vacation"; cardstock: American Crafts; washi tape, twine, tickets: Purple Pumpkin; wood veneer: Studio Calico; black words: Dymo writer; color mist: Mister Huey's Studio Calico;

And here's the sketch I designed for this month:


(if you wonder why I added triangles to the right side of my layout too, it's because I tried my hand at some stamping and hated it. So I had to cover it up!).

If you want to see the fabulous projects of the other designers, then hop over to Purple Pumpkin's blog and have a look.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks in advance for all your lovely comments!!
Hugs,



8 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch! fabulous like always..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love those triangles!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een leuke sketch! Maar je hebt er al helemaal een onwijs leuke lay-out mee gemaak! Hij straalt zoveel vrolijkheid uit met de mooie kleuren, foto's en details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een gezellige en vrolijke layout, helemaal leuk! De schets is super, die ga ik bewaren!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the triangels! You have such a beautiful family, and very scrapworthy :-D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW xhat an awesome layout again! I really really love this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a cool layout! I think the mistake worked out great! I would not have ever known:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome design Monique! I love the way you incorporated the triangles and what great photos!

    ReplyDelete