Wednesday 17 September 2014

Ruby Rock-It Easy as Pie (Chart) Tutorial


Hello friends! Today I want to share the tutorial I created for Ruby Rock-It: an "Easy As Pie (Chart)" tutorial! Here's the page I made I'll explain step-by-step how I created it:


I decided to create this page without any help of my electronic die-cut system, but instead do it the "old" way with a pencil and a pair of scissors!

1. Draw a circle on a piece of cardstock: (I used a dish which happened to be the right size)


2. Hand cut the circle:


3. Divide into 4 equal parts. I used the two diagonal lines on my cutting mat to align my ruler:



4. Draw two more lines - this time randomly so your parts will be of different sizes - thus making the total 10 parts:


5. Now hand cut these parts:


6. And place them one by one on a piece of paper and cut around it:


7. Arrange the 10 pieces of the pie chart on your (cardstock)background paper:


8. And after you've decided where they should go adhere them with only a little bit of adhesive (so they stay in place when you sew them to your background paper):


9. Next use your sewing machine to stitch the pieces in place:


10. And now you can start building your layout!



Okay, this was my tutorial. Hope you liked it! 

Last but not least my list of supplies: 

Ruby Rock-It Carnival Queen Dotti
Ruby Rock-It Carnival Queen Yackety Yak

Other supplies: 
K&Company pen
Old book page
Misc. cardstock
Xenos wood veneer
Kerri Bradford cut file

Tools: 
Silhouette Cameo
Aigger sewing machine

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day! 


7 comments:

  1. Wat een onwijs gave lay-out! De cirkel van stukjes papier ziet er heel gaaf uit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoi hoi

    wat is dit weer een leuke lo ik had hem al bewonderd op FB.
    Leuke post zo met de uitleg.
    Ik ga zoiets ook zeker een keertje maken.
    groetjes Thamar
    Ik sta bij citrus twist op hun blog ik vind het zo gaaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am going to save this for another day. LOL. Awesome layout Monique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial Monique!! Love your layout and the stitching looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love that pie!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally amazing.....awesome tutorial....thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome technique! Thank you for linking up to the Paper Issues link party!

    ReplyDelete