Saturday 18 October 2014

Scrapbook Magazine #80 - American Crafts & Crate Paper

Tough by now it has been a couple of months when issue #80 of Scrapbook Magazine UK was on the shelves in the stores, I haven't shown the pages I made for it on my blog yet (although you might have seen the first one on Instagram!). 

The first layout I created was for the "Scraplift Challenge": a feature showing readers an example of a page they can copy the design of.

And this is what I created, a layout using AC Amy Tangerine's Plus One collection: the photo is my youngest son and our Cocker Spaniel on Queen's Day (hence the orange).


and a couple of detail shots:




Materials used: patterned paper, stickers, die-cuts: Amy Tangerine American Crafts (Plus One); cardstock: American Crafts; wood veneers: Scraptastic Club; stickers (“smile”, man): Jillibean Soup; pen: K&Company; color mist: Studio Calico; distress stain: Ranger; foam dots: American Crafts; glue runner: Scrapbook Adhesives. Tools: die cutting machine: Sizzix Big Shot; Die-set: Amy Tangerine American Crafts (Plus One) sewing machine: Aigger; date stamp: Trodat.

And the second layout I had in the magazine was a feature demonstrating a basic technique to the readers, which was in this case paper-pleating. 
 
And this is my layout, using Crate Paper's Styleboard collection: this photo features my daughter being as happy as ever!


and some details: 



Materials: patterned paper, die-cuts, vellum, stickers, frames, chipboard elements: Crate Paper (Styleboard); cardstock: American Crafts; doily: Jenni Bowlin; washi tape: Scrapbook Magazine UK. Tools: Silhouette Cameo; sewing machine: Aigger; border punch: American Crafts. 

For this last layout I created a step-by-step tutorial which you'll find in the magazine. If you'd like to order one, here's the link: Scrapbook Magazine UK

Thanks for stopping by and hope you'll have a lovely weekend!!
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Wow!! These are fantastic Monique!! I love all of the AC goodies on your first layout and the pleated circle on your second layout is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ze zijn allebei echt onwijs gaaf! Wat heb je toch een mooie, vrolijke stijl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twee supergave lay-outs Moniqie, ik kijk bij jou altijd mijn ogen uit! De combinaties die je maakt, het stikwerk en van de gevouwen cirkel op de tweede ben ik echt weg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooo gorgeous!!! I love love love the colors and LOVING that big scalloped circle on that 2nd one!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! These are SO gorgeous! I love your layered style, and your stitching is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ze zijn allebei weer geweldig. En er is ook van alles op te zien. Gaaaaaaaf. De foto van je dochter leuk hoor zo happy.
    Groetjes en een fijne zondag

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Congrats! These are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both such amazing layout! Both have cute photos and wonderful design! So fun to see them in print. Congrats my friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prachtige Lay-Outs mam!! Kan niet wachten om ze over 8 maanden allemaal te bewonderen! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow-wee! Love how you've totally rocked those American Crafts goodies on the first! I have a ton of those same papers still sitting in my stash. Such great inspiration here! And that pleated circle on the second is out of this world! You amaze me, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the picture in the first - oh my gosh this is cute
    and i love the circle in the second one...perfect

    ReplyDelete