Monday 11 May 2015

Scraptastic Club - 4x4 Soccer Game and Silhouette Tutorial

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry to have been absent for a couple of weeks, we were visiting our daughter/sister in Louisiana!! I hope I'll find the time to post some photos, but for now I've got some catching up to do with my layouts ...

Here's a layout and little Silhouette tutorial I did for Scraptastic Kit Club with the April "I Lived" kit, the "I Lived add-on" and the "I Lived Cut File".

Every year the primary schools in lots of cities in The Netherlands have soccer competitions, which are called 4×4 (which simply stands for 4 players from one school against 4 players from another school). Every school can send as many teams as they want, as long as the teams have at least 4 players. My kids have very fond memories of these days, so these photos had to be scrapped! When I saw the papers and the cut file with all the numbers in the I Lived kit I knew straight away which photos to use!


I really love the cut file and knew that I wanted it somewhere on my page:


When I downloaded the April cut files I saw they came as a “png” file and because I used to struggle making these files work and to actually get them to cut, I thought I’d show you how to do that. I think most of you probably already know this, but for those of you who don’t (like me – for a loooooong time), here it is:

1. Open the “png image” in your Silhouette:


2. Click the “trace” button in the top right corner (6th button from the right) and click "Select Trace Area":


3. Select trace area:


4. In the vertical row on the right “unclick” the “High Pass Filter” and move the “Threshold” to the right, i.e. to 100%:


5. Click the “Trace” button (also on the right of your screen) and you’ll see that the black numbers get red lines:


6. You can now remove the black numbers and only the red outlines (the cut lines) will remain:


7. Click on the cut file and drag the corners into the desired size:


And that’s it, you’re done! Very simple, right?

Hope you like it! And if you have any questions, just ask!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Love this and thank you for the awesome how - tos!!! You are a very skilled layout designer and scrapbooker - what a LUCKY family you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout!! LovE the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zo leuk! Het is echt een voetbal-lay-out door de vrolijke kleuren en mooie cijferdetails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that wood grain!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great mix of patterns and color to highlight their special day! Great pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, THANK YOU for the short tutorial! I am sooo going to book mark this. As I don't use my Silly machine enough, I keep forgetting! And I ADORE those numbers...they look fabulous:):) Gorgeous page....hope you had a great time away, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back Monique - i hope you had a great great great fantastique holiday
    and i am so curious watching some pictures...

    Lovely colorful Layout Monique... Love it

    ReplyDelete