Sunday 23 August 2015

At the ocean | Pretty Little Studio

Happy Sunday everyone! This morning I realized I haven't shared my take on Pretty Little Studio's August sketch challenge from 3 weeks ago. And although it's actually more than 3 weeks ago there's still time to play! So let me show you the sketch and what I did with it. 

As soon as I saw it, the ideas started coming. I decided to use the Treasure Island collection once again (can’t get enough of this one) and created a little “collage” of a some beach photos in Picasa and printed those (size 4.5 x 4.5”). For the size of my page I chose 8.5 x 11”, which I find perfect for the 8 x 8” papers. 


The strips are mostly leftovers from other layouts and I was so glad I always keep each and every snippet of paper when I’m finished with a project! They always come in handy! 


I really love the result and I sure will pin this fun sketch for future use.

A few more close-ups:



Pretty Little Studio products I used: Patterned Paper: Treasure Island 8×8 Pack, Fish Scale Reef, Castaway Sea, Ship Deck, Welcome Aboard, Smooth Sailing, Cannon Beach; Vellum: Anchors Away (navy), Castaway (lime); Flair: Ocean Adventure; Die-cuts: Arrow Adventure, Pirate Cove (whale); Tabs: Treasure Map; Cut-Outs: Sail Away Mini Bingo, Let’s Go Phrase Strips, Stickers: Anchors Away; Word Art: Ocean.

And here's the sketch:

We would love for you to play along with our Sketch Challenge this month! Leave a link to your project in the comments of this post on Pretty Little Studio's blog . Contest ends August 31, 2015.
One person will be randomly chosen to win a $10 Gift Certificate.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
xoxo


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photos and the title work!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat zijn die die-cuts van PLS toch leuk en jij weet er ook altijd zulke mooie dingen mee te maken. Prachtige lay-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and I love the sketch - so cool with all those stripes and your pictures are so bright, and gorgeous!! This layout with that fantastic title is rich in texture and yummy dimension!! Just a super great take on this sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a perfect summer holiday layout
    super cute

    (haven't been here for a long time - sorry for this Monique...
    i missed such great things here..)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a perfect summer holiday layout
    super cute

    (haven't been here for a long time - sorry for this Monique...
    i missed such great things here..)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page!! I really like the way you did your title!

    ReplyDelete